Hon. Agnes Akiror Egunyu
Minister of State for Teso Affairs.
Under Secretary for Pacification & Development
- To initiate, design coordinate, collaborate and Implement special programmes and projects for the Teso Region
- Implementation PRDP and other Government programs coordinated and monitored.
- Implementation of Presidential pledges coordinated.
- Special and specific affirmative interventions implemented.
- Peace building conflict resolution promoted.
- Former internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) resettled.
- Other Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) coordinated.
- Monitoring and coordinating the implementation of PRDP and other Government Programmes.
- Coordinating/liaising and collaborating with other Government MDAs delivery of services.
- Following up on the fulfilment of Presidential pledges.
- Resettling former IDPs.
- Promoting peace building and resolving conflicts.
- Implementing special and specific affirmative interventions.
The Key achievement for the Ministry for Teso Affairs for the period 2012/13 to 2017/18 include:
- Procured and distributed 3 hydraform machines in the Districts of Kumi, Serere and Bukedea
- Developed the Teso Development Plan
- Procured and distributed 1,091 ox-ploughs
- Procured and distributed 26 motor cycles for health workers, religious leaders and Abarata Kere group
- Procured and distributed 20,038 iron sheets to formally internally displaced persons
- Procured and distributed 10,000 hand hoes to vulnerable persons
- Procured and distributed 20,959 cattle to vulnerable persons
- Procured and distributed 1,160 bags of cement to religious institutions
- Procured and delivered 3 agricultural tractors with implements
- Completed and equipped Omatenga Antenatal unit
- Supported 120 household income generating activities
- Procured and delivered 1000 fishnets to the fishing communities of Serere district
- Constructed Mukongoro Police administration block and staff house using Hydraform Technology
- Procured 2 Vehicles
- Supported 122 Micro projects
- 1000 Fishnets procured and distributed in Serere District