Hon. Grace Kwiyucwiny
Minister of State for Northern Uganda
Under Secretary for Pacification & Development
Dr. Lim Lim
Director, NUSAF 3.
- To provide effective household income support to and build Resilience of the poor and
vulnerable household in Northern Uganda
- To enhance transparency and accountability in public service delivery in northern
- To strengthen Institutional Capacity to implement, monitor and evaluate the project at all
i) 11,700 households (about 70,200 beneficiaries) supported with grants for Livelihood Investment Support (LIS)
ii) 43,084 households (285,500 people) targeted to earn income from temporary employment through the Labour Intensive Public Works component
iii) 76 integrated sub watersheds developed (including terraces, bunds, flood and gully control structures).
iv) Community assets established.
v) Transparency, Accountability and Anti-Corruption systems (TAAC) strengthened
Implementation of PRDP coordinated and monitored
1. Technical, managerial and administrative support provided to districts.
2. Baseline survey conducted for NUSAF3 3. Training and capacity building of communitties conducted
3. TST Salaries paid
4. Effective networking, collaborative and coordination mechanisms with sectors established. Key messages / imformation on the Project disseminated
Transfers to Government units
1. Funds transferred to the beneficiary Local Governments to implement sub projects approved by DEC.
2. Funds transferred to the Department of Disater Preparedness and Management to implement the Fisaster Risk Finanancing component
3. Funds transferred to the MGLSD to support establishement and strenthening of systems to promote the harmonization of the direct income support elent of the Social protection sector.