Hon. Mary Karoro Okurut
Minister for General Duties in the Office of the Prime Minister
Under Secretary Executive and Senior Private Secretary to the Prime Minister.
To ensure efficient and effective implementation of Government Policies, Programs and Projects.
Harmony, consistency and synergy in implementation of Government Policies.
Regulate, provide and Coordinate information about implementation of public policies, programmes and projects.
- Coordination among sectors improved;
- Rt. Hon. Prime Minister ably represented;
- PIRT meetings coordinated;
- Government operations enhanced and harmonised;
- Government presence felt among the populace.
Government policy implementation coordination
1. Coordination among sectors improved
2. Rt. Hon. Prime Minister ably represented
3. PIRT meetings coordinated
4. Government operations enhanced and harmonised
5. Government presence felt among the populace
- Held the Half Annual Government Performance Review
- Handled the Re-development of the Namugongo Martyrs Shrine and preparation of the Papal visit due in November 2015
- Chaired 9 cabinet committee meetings including that of Rehabilitation of the Ugandan martyrs Namugongo Shrines, the Church of Uganda Museum at Nakiyanja- Namugongo
- Officiated as the main Spokesperson during the Papal visit.
- The office worked jointly with the Uganda Media center.
- The Hon Minister held 2 meetings on the Resetting of the landless in Sebei
- Held meetings on the One Stop Centre Project jointly with Uganda Investment Authority
- Held 1 meeting on the need for the performance evaluation of Government Parastatals
- Participated in the Presidential Advisory Committee on Budget
- Represented H.E and Prime Minister at various functions country wide
- Handled Moslem disputes between the Kibuli section and Old Kampala section
- Handled land resettlements dispute in Sebei and kyagwali
- Represented H.E President on various national functions in Rakai, Mbale ,Masaka , Kabale ,Iganga
- Represented the Prime minister on various national functions across the country
- Attended Baraza meetings
- The Hon Minister carried out M& E in the Karamonja Region to monitor the Food Policy in the Region , Kabale , Mabarara, Rukungiri , Arua , Lira, Pader , Fort Portal , Kween , Kapchorwa , Busia and Tororo Districts